Add or Change a Person's Record in the Online Directory

Have a person added to the Online Directory or request changes to an existing person's information.

A person can change most information in their own record themselves by logging into the Online Directory and clicking on their name in the top right.

Below are details regarding making changes to specific information,

  • Preferred Name: can only be changed by the person via UAOnline. Changes made in UAOnline will be made in the Online Directory but may take overnight.
  • Office Telephone Number: must be request through this form. Please include any details about why the phone number may be wrong such as a position change or swapping phone with another individual.
  • Email: Cannot be changed. The Online Directory should always display your University of Alaska provided e-mail address, even if you have otherwise set a preferred e-mail address, or setup a mail forward on your account.
  • Legal Name (First & Last Name): These can only be changed by HR.

People Eligible

  • Faculty
  • Staff
  • Student Employees


The University provides this service free of cost to all persons and departments eligible for it.


Requests may be submitted at anytime and will be worked and responded to during normal operating hours for the department working the request.

Add or Change Person Record

Related Articles (1)

Information on how an employee can update the information displayed in their UA Online Directory listing.


Service Offering Id: 10
Wed 12/8/21 10:55 AM
Fri 8/12/22 3:59 PM