Gifts, Prizes and Awards Procedure


University of Alaska departments may give gifts or awards to employees for staff appreciation, longevity awards, or community service recognition. They may be given in the form of cash, cash-equivalents (e.g., gift certificates), or non-cash items. These awards have different tax consequences for the employee, based on the type of award and particular circumstances. The following document is an explanation of the types of awards and how they should be processed in the Banner HR system.  Please report taxable cash-equivalents (e.g., gift certificates) and non-cash items given to employees of the University of Alaska through the Taxable Benefit Form through the link below. 

Gifts and Awards Procedure 

Taxable Benefit Form 

Need additional help or have questions?

Please contact for additional assistance.  

To contact other UA HR teams, please visit our Contact Us page at



Article ID: 1310
Mon 10/10/22 3:16 PM
Wed 4/10/24 3:51 PM