How do I Perform a Legal Name Change?


The purpose of this article is to assist users in performing a legal name change in the UA network system.

What materials do I need?

  • Valid login credentials for UAOnline
  • A change of name form

How do I perform the change?

Students should fill out the name change form found on

  • Log on and click on the personal information tab
  • Click on name change information
  • Fill out form
  • Send completed form to the local registrar

Employees should submit a "change form" located at the UA HR forms site.

Is there any additional information I should know about?

Once your name change form has been processed in the system, you may choose to change your username. Contact Enrollment Services or Human Resources for details.

If your user name does not appear to have been updated after following the above instructions, contact the IT Services Service Center at 907-786-4646 for assistance.

*This process may cause temporary issues accessing your account, so consider making the change either before or after a semester.

0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 13
Tue 9/10/19 9:51 AM
Fri 7/1/22 10:27 AM